Monday, January 2, 2012

Music Creating Software

Question by Sharon:

I know nothing about reading music or how to write music or anything like that.

I have a cappella lyrics that I can sing a cappella too, but I would like to have these lyrics to have background music so I can sing them with music behind me.

Is there such a software package out there that I can buy where I can sing into a microphone and record my voice singing the song and how I want it to sound, and then have the software listen to my song and actually pick up the melody or maybe the rhythm and put the notes in automatically so that maybe somebody with a guitar or piano can play the music background while I sing the song? I don't know how to explain it. But I cannot read music, I don't play an instrument so I am at a loss for how to put my lyrics to music.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated. I would buy the software if it could do that as I know nothing about writing music or anything.

If you can help me I would appreciate it very very much.

Thank You,

Sharon Hurkmans


Answer:

Hi Sharon,

I understand what kind of software you mean but as far as I know it hasn't been invented :( The closest I know is called Band in a Box. This software creates background music to chords you enter. You can choose the instruments, style, tempo, etc. But to enter those chords you need a little music theory knowledge. You might at least want to learn how to make chords. Don't worry, it's really easy. And if you'd like to write songs, you'll need to learn music theory sooner or later anyway.

Another option is to find a songwriting partner(s). They could write music to your lyrics and/or you could write lyrics to their music. Most hit songs are collaborations so if you'd like to become a professional songwriter, finding co-writers is another thing that's advisable to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment