Thursday, May 31, 2012

MasterWriter Review

MasterWriter review by a fellow songwriter:


I'm a huge fan of Masterwriter. It's made for songwriters to help them write awesome lyrics. This software was created by Barry DeVorzon who is a famous songwriter himself. So he knows what songwriters need. There are some famous songwriters who use MasterWriter: Linda Perry, Gwen Stefani, Babyface and many more.


I used to have bookmarks of an online rhyme dictionary, a dictionary, a thesaurus and some other sites to help me find words that suit my lyrics perfectly. It was tedious to have to visit all these sites and have them open in tabs for a long time. Sometimes I closed all of them accidentally, it was annoying to say the least.


But I don't do that anymore. In MasterWriter all of these tools are present plus many more like a phrase dictionary, word families, parts of speech, pop culture, etc. There are a lot of options too. You can filter words by syllable number, part of speech, intensity… Plus you don't even have to be online to look for words (not that it was a problem these days but it's definitely a plus).


Sometimes when I have idea what to write about, I just find a phrase in the phrase dictionary and go from there. All in all, if I had to choose one tool that has improved my songwriting the most, I would definitely say Masterwriter.


Oh, and before I forget, it works both on Mac and PC. I have a Mac though. Just 'cause they are better :)




Edit: I've written a page about MasterWriter and how you can use it when writing lyrics: MasterWriter for Songwriters

- Eszter

No comments:

Post a Comment